28 January 2013

stripes and sands

It's been  officially a week since I've been wearing an office uniform (no, we don't have washday fridays) and I miss wearing my own clothes terribly and I can't take outfit photos, unless I want to have dozens of photographs of me wearing the same shit. I have a bit of OOTD posts queued up so I think now is the time to bring 'em on out.

I know, I know, I still have one more post for my Butuan adventure, plus my other vacations post, but I'm currently trying to prioritize my school work (yep, I will not bring another term to waste!) so I'll get into those later. I have also been active with my Test Kitchen and would very much like to blog about that, but again, it has to wait. And I have my take on Emily Owens MD to do, but I plan to publish that post-mortem (2 more eps to go! Kinda sad but excited.) Anywhoo, enough boring you with my future plans. Onto the outfit!

Dress - some random department store in Australia
Chambray Shirt - Supre
Bag - stall at Cagsawa Ruins
Watch - Timex
Bracelet - gifted
Spiral Ring - Divisoria
I wore this to dinner at Resorts World Manila for the despedida of my college friend (and first unrequited love! Haha). She's now in Dubai, with her boyfriend, currently touring and pretending to look for work. I'm saddened by her departure because I generally frown upon professionals leaving our dear country to serve another. But, alas, she has gone. At least we will have somewhere to stay in when we go on a Dubai Holiday (CebPac's long haul flight was timed just right!).
I love this dress. I bought it in Australia for AUD5.00 (approx Php200) and I have another in pink with white polka dots. The fabric is a light lycra and it is cool, clings to all the right places and I bet it dries quickly. Perfect for the beach! But for a casual dinner, I paired it with a chambray shirt. I originally planned to keep the shirt open and loose then add a wide belt to cinch the waist, but with the cut of the dress (and my wide hips), a cropped top made the look more proportional. I finished off with black espadrille sandals (which I got from Rubi in Australia for... you guessed it... AUD5.00! Haha).

Oh how I loved shopping there. But more on that on my next travel series. For now, I'll be wallowing in my uniform.

<3, dee

No comments:

Post a Comment