23 January 2013

of seasons and sales

This week marks the first week that I am to wear a uniform at work. While all my colleagues were complaining about the poor quality and service of the uniform maker, I was quietly rejoicing not yet having my uniform in proper order so I can wear my own clothes. Because I just recently bought so much. Har.

Many of us know that annually one has to save a substantial amount of money to be used on January and July. One also knows that if one only "HAS TO HAVE" (as opposed to "NEED TO HAVE") an article of clothing, then self control must be practiced until January or July. Why, you ask? Because those months play host to the End of Season Sales of our favorite brands. It is a well known fact that botiques and shops in general follow the western seasons and major line turn over happens at the end of winter and summer. And since January plays host to End of Winter Season sale, racks are filled with darker colored dresses, heavier fabrics and divine outerwear. Not really appropriate for a tropical country, but something we can get away with in the work place.

So during the first weeks of January, as I was going around town scheduling catch up dinners with several friends I couldn't stop myself from checking out stores, mainly my favorites, especially with their large sale banners screaming at me to go in.


By the second week of January, I have bought more than 20 items comprised of dresses, skirts, blouses, accessories and outerwear from Promod, Zara, Forever 21, Cotton On, and Terranova. There was one day, I was lugging around four large shopping bags and I was alone because I was waiting for my friends to arrive for dinner, and I felt like people were staring at me and judging me for my impulsive shopping! A good part of my haul came from Forever21 because they had this crazy sale where you slash 50% off of the marked down price! It was like 75% off and the average final prices of the items were in the Php200 range. If that's not sulit, I dunno what is.
Some of my sale spoils (from Promod, Cotton On, Forever21)
Forever21 accessories (and shoes!) were also on sale, and I got these fab necklaces for about Php80 each! I even told the sales person in F21, "Ate, pamigay niyo na lang kaya sa labas yung items niyo. Haha" So lucky to have bought accessories since it's the only things I can wear now with my uniform!
Accessories! :)
I was scouring the racks of Promod for a good blazer and found this on sale for less than Php1000! Unfortunately they (Greenbelt) did not have it in my size so I forgone getting in, deciding to check out other branches.
Studs make it a rock 'n roll work appropriate blazer, yeah?
So when I went to Robinsons Midtown (Pedro Gil), I passed by Promod to check thing out. I was saddened when I didn't see the item on the racks -- there was a blue version but it was only 50% off (as opposed to 70% off) so I just decided to look for something else. Let me tell you, Promod has the most amazing selection of winter outerwear on sale. There were jackets in rocking black leather, fiery red leather and darling cream leather jackets. Some had studs, some were quilted and everything was on sale, price ranging from Php1300 - Php2000. I had to repeatedly chastise myself, remarking how leather is unwearable in a tropical country. But I counter argued that I had a trip to Taiwan scheduled early next year (winter trip!) and still kind of hoping to go to Canada this fall (their fall). Still, my practical self won so I gave the jackets one last caress and moved on -- to another rack. Where I saw a bad ass FAUX leather biker jacket! For Php800! In my size! It wasn't much of a decision, really.

The possibilities for this jacket!!!
I have already worn some of the things I bought, as I you will see once I get to my outfit post queue, but most of them have been forgone due to the uniform. Time to find a new job, perhaps? ;>

How about you, ladies? How was your end of season shopping?

<3, dee

PS, One thing to note during these sales is that stores have further reductions toward the end of the month. So if you see something you think still cost too much, check back after a week or two, it might be marked down further. This is exactly what I plan to do on Friday. Gosh, my cards will be in for an exercise again.

No comments:

Post a Comment