31 October 2012

metal madness

A few months ago, I saw silver foil nails on Pinterest and I knew immediately that I had to have those nails for the holidays. I've found several distributors on Multiply, but I have yet to place my order. A couple of weekends ago, I saw a Sally Hansen Stick-on Metallic Nail Polish set that retails for more than Php500. It's not as if it's something that is reusable, and by computation that would amount to Php50 per finger. It was just too much. Luckily as I walked on, I saw this Bobbie Stick-on Metallic Nail Polish Set for only Php65! The designs were a bit more cheesy but it was worth a try. So I bought 2 sets, and decided to bring one of the sets along on my trip to Baguio. It was written in the package that it's "Easy to apply anywhere and anytime" so I decided to test their claim and did it on the bus as the daylight was already streaming through the windows.

True enough, it was very convenient to apply, but you do need to have some fine scissors on hand, especially if you have smaller nails. My application wasn't so bad, considering I only had a self defense blade on hand, and I had to do it in a moving vehicle. Another plus side to this is it is easy to get rid off, no more need for cottons, removers and none of thosesmudges and traces fo polish left on the cuticles. Perfect for night when you need to be back to your prim and proper fashion the following day. Over-all, this is an easy way to color your nails for a fun night out.
And as if in keeping with my metallic nails, my cousin and I found some interesting metal craft while walking along Session Road. A flash of copper caught my eye and I quickly pulled my cousin over to a sidewalk vendor showcasing unique jewelry made from copper wires and beads. My cousin and I had bought copper jewelry when we chanced upon being sold in Cafe Lucia in Tacloban. We fell in love with the rings we bought but have not found anything like it again. So you can imagine our delight when we saw the jewelry and went into panic buying mode. Actually, it was just really, really cheap that's why we had a field day.

There were cuffs with matching rings, and some simple wire art and more complicated wound up rings. I bought 2 beaded rings, 1 wire ring and a ring-bracelet set with a single bead for only Php400! My cousin had a better bargain buying 1 beaded ring, 2 wire rings, 2 sets of ring-bracelet sets filled with beads for only Php700! The vendor (a guy!) designs and makes these jewelry and is worth a visit if you happen to be in Baguio. We found him in the middle of Session Road, on the right side going uphill.

Where do you buy your unique jewelry?

<3, dee

No comments:

Post a Comment