17 October 2012

pale pippi long stockings

Of all the Disney Princesses, I've always loved Sleeping Beauty aka Aurora the most, because of the flirtiness of the curls at the ends of her hair. This style is not uncommon these days because of the rise of KPop, bringing with them Korean Salons which gave boom to digital perming. I've been thinking about undergoing this service, as an alternative to my regular straightening treatments. But because I am not used to that service, I am apprehensive because it might cause more damage to my hair. Or it might not turn out the way I want it to. So I searched for ways to get the style, only not (semi) permanently. Of course, the primary way is to get a curling iron or straightening iron if you're more patient or skilled (or simply cannot afford a curling iron and already have a flat iron on hand) and heat your hair until it curls. But excessive heat damages hair. Really really bad. So I searched the web on how to achieve Aurora's curls without the heat. Lo and behold, I found Curlformers, unfortunately this was not available in our country. Or it is but it is quite expensive. Fortunately, many sites featured a knock-off, called Magic Leverag. The disadvantage is there are no size options in Magic Leverag (both in length and in the size of curls) but it would serve my purpose so I did some snooping and found out that it was available in Landmark and SM Department Stores. But after a week of searching, I couldn't find any. So I took to ebay and finally had heat-less curlers for my own.
Hook, Short Curlers and Long Curlers
(a complete set includes 1 hook, 8 long curlers and 8 short ones)
I have successfully used it several times while experimenting on how to keep the curls longer. The first time I used it, I didn't use any products, broke the curls apart after removing the curlers. After four hours of wear, I was loosing the curls and getting stuck with waves. The next few times, I applied products like leave on serums, styling creams, but by far the most success I got was last Sunday's attempt.
 
So the concept of the product is to put it on before going to bed and letting your hair dry in shape. It's not the most comfortable head to sleep on, but it didn't bother me much. I applied an overnight leave on cream (part of the L'Oreal Total Repair 5) only to the roots and those that will not be curled (the curlers only reach halfway my hair length) so it won't be frizzy when I wake up. I then applied styling cream (Bench Hairlastic) from halfway down to the tips of my wet (read: not soaking) hair. I then proceed to section, twist, and hook. Took about 15 mins, and 15 sections. After 10 hours (includes sleep, breakfast, changing and lazing around) I took them out but did NOT comb through. I proceed with spritzing hair spray to the curls. I styled it in a half pony so the curls stay out of my face and got on with my life.
 
 
 
After 12 hours (mostly spend indoors), the curls stayed. Not as tight as when it was first unraveled, but still curly and not just wavy. Aha, I have found my secret to success! Because the day is done, I decided to see what it would look like if I combed through the curls. And behold, beautiful body! The things I could do to that hair. *browsing through my Pinterest*
 
Speaking of, this week's nail color was inspired by Pinterest. I never would've thought that a different top coat would make so much of a difference. A matte nude nail looks cleaner, classier, prettier and edgier. Pity I forgot the name of the Orly polish used, but I topped it off with Essie's Matte About You. Hope it stays on forever! Or maybe just until Friday. :)

inspired by this pin
 
"It's a must to always have your nails clean and polished." - Barbie
 
<3, dee


No comments:

Post a Comment