14 February 2012

of backpacks and baggages

Yesterday, I went to climb Mt. Pinatubo with the couple who took us in while we were in Netherlands. It was my first time to go and I was quite excited because I've seen picture of the crater and it looked amazing.

We left home at 3 o'clock in the morning and reached the jump off in Capas, Tarlac before 8 am. Because the "skyway" was destroyed by Ondoy back in 2009, the 4x4 ride was only for an hour, and we had to trek for two more hours to reach the crater. But boy, the exercise was so worth it. The crater lake took my breath away. Never mind that the wind was cool and strong and I was wearing a dri-fit shirt, I felt so warm and tingly as I took a mental snap shot. I haven't gotten a copy of our pictures so the snapshots will have to remain in my head for now.

More than the crater, what I loved most from my Pinatubo trip was this segment of river that had a bed of red rocks. The first time I saw it as we rounded a corner, I immediately thought: blood -- in the good sense, though. It looked like flowing blood, so graceful in it's fluidity, so regal in the color. And it brought out the poet in me.

In the arena that is alive
with the clouds so divine
dost thou take away
your breath, nay, mine.

As the water hums
with the whisper of the wind,
the river bleeds red
for a heart ready to mend.

Tomorrow will return,
heavy albeit small.
Because I didn't want that,
I wanted it all.


<3, dee

No comments:

Post a Comment