14 February 2012

01101100 01101111 01110110 01100101

Not to come off a bitter but I've always believed that Valentine's day is a pointless "holiday", exaggerated by advertisements for the profitability of capitalist. It is a highly commercial day when people spent loads of money for gifts that die or expire easily.

In my 25 years of existence, I have never had a valentine. Even worse, my ex boyfriend and I broke up on Feb 14 last year. Imagine us ending our relationship amid a sea of doe eyed couples. Just perfect. 

But this year, I feel indifferent. I mean, to each his own. I don't have any other words for it. But for those who relish this day, here's an awesome representation of what you're celebrating. I hope you have a good day!

cover artwork of the book Strange Attractors -- Poems of Love and Mathematics
Binary Heart : Love is either a Yes or a No :)

Leaving you with a poem from the book, entitled Counting by Philip Larkin

Thinking in terms of one
Is easily done --
One room, one bed, one chair,
One person there,
Makes perfect sense; one set
Of wishes can be met,
One coffin filled.

But counting up to two
Is harder to do;
For one must be denied
Before it'd tried.

<3, dee



No comments:

Post a Comment