22 May 2012

beach braids

During my beach combing days I put on my ever reliable braids to keep my hair in place. I prefer a braided mane because it's a refreshing departure from the regular ponytails, it can tuck in thick hair better even up against strong winds, sea water and sand, and of course it looks fancier in pictures. I'm really glad my hair is "textured" (it's been 9 months since my last rebond!) so it can hold do's better.


Early this summer, I discovered the fishtail braid and quickly fell in love with it because, unlike the traditional braids, it can be cleanly done on shorter and layered hair. I think it's also more hip than the three strand braid. My brother's girlfriend saw it on me and asked me to teach her how. So I taught her what I learned from here. She then asked me if I knew the waterfall braid, but I was stump and just promised her I'll look it up and cascade the information to her once I learn.

It doesn't look it in the pictures, but I tried fish-pig-tails (left) and waterfall braids (right)


I returned to my source of fishtail tutorial and found this. Tried it out for myself and found it really easy too. I was so proud of myself for being able to understand the simple DIY Hair Tutorials that I searched for more ways I can use my two new found braid styles and stumble upon COLOR.





I was directed to hair chalking and found a tutorial here. I have yet to try it because I haven't purchased soft pastels. I found some at National Bookstore, a box of 36 for about Php350. Too pricey for my summer-drained ATM. So for now, black braids will do.

More on my hair adventures next time!

<3, dee

No comments:

Post a Comment